1990 Documented Theca with Relic of St. John Leonardi, founder of the Clerics Regular of the Mother of God
Round glass-fronted silver-colored metal reliquary theca housing a first-class ex cineribus (“from the bodily ashes”) relic of Saint John Leonardi. Displayed against brown silk, the relic is identified in Latin on a typeset cedula label: “Ex Ciner. S. Joan. Leonardi C.” (From the bodily ashes of Saint John Leonardi, Confessor). On the back, under the protective cap, the theca is secured with intact red silk cords and a seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of the coat of arms of the Order of Clerics Regular of the Mother of God (commonly known as the Leonardine Fathers). Accompanied by the matching authentics document issued in Rome in 1990 by the Postulator General of the Order.
Saint John Leonardi (†1609) was an Italian priest and religious reformer. Originally trained as a pharmacist, he pursued theological studies and was ordained to the priesthood in 1572. He founded the Order of Clerics Regular of the Mother of God in Lucca, dedicating its members to pastoral ministry, education, and the reform of Christian life. He also helped advance missionary formation in Rome. Canonized by Pope Pius XI in 1938, he is honored as the patron saint of pharmacists. His feast day is October 9.



